"Excellent. Liz is lovely, very calming and easy to talk to. Treatment is very peaceful."
Stress and anxiety play a part in all of our lives at some time. Panic attacks are now common in our society, often brought on by overwhelm, loss, bereavement, or conflict in the workplace or in our personal lives. While short term stress can benefit the immune system, longterm stress and anxiety can diminish physical health, immune response and hormone balance. Struggles with fertility now affect many couples. Whether it is the stress of trying to conceive, the anxiety of going through an IVF cycle, or the sadness of a miscarriage, the effect on mood can be intense at times.
Acupuncture has been shown to reduce the production of stress hormones in response to stress, and it's calming effect can help bring you back to balance. A number of acupuncture studies have demonstrated reduction of anxiety, depression and post-natal depression. During pregnancy acupuncture offers a way of relaxing and reducing stress and anxiety at a time when you would prefer to avoid taking medication.
"Highly recommend. Liz's wholistic approach is difficult to find elsewhere, especially with a conventional medicine background. Liz has helped me with bereavement, stress, relationship difficulties, menopause, and overall weight." see more testimonials here
acupuncture for stress and anxiety - the research
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22459648 acupuncture for work related stress in medical students
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21978220 acupuncture to reduce stress related to infertility
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23386059 reduced stress hormone response in animals pre-treated with acupuncture
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22156045 reduced stress response in animals pre-treated with acupuncture
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25595195 acupuncture shown to be effective for chronic anxiety which has failed to respond to other treatment
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22070429 review study suggests real positive outcomes from acupuncture treatment of anxiety
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23763822 improvement in depression and anxiety scores in women with PCOS treated with acupuncture
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22499825 acupuncture can reduce anxiety symptoms of women undergoing IVF
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25595195 acupuncture helpful for people with longterm anxiety which hasn't responded to other treatments
post natal depression
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22840621 small study showing improvement in depression scores in women with post natal depression
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22762294 acupuncture is a beneficial, well tolerated and safe therapy for depression
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23790229 acupuncture improved side-effects of low libido and sexual difficulties while on antidepressants
post traumatic stress disorder - PTSD
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25397825 military study showing acupuncture to be more effective than other treatment of PTSD
physical affects of stress and anxiety
- http://www.healthline.com/health/anxiety/effects-on-body a useful infographic showing the physical affects of anxiety and how this may affect health