"I went to Liz to see whether acupuncture could help me with the side affects of hormone therapy treatment for cancer, particularly the hot flushes and tiredness...this is definitely the best 'alternative' therapy I have ever invested in, I cannot recommend Liz's services highly enough".
acupuncture for gynae, obstetrics, hormone balance, hot flushes and more...
Clinical trials have shown acupuncture help hormone imbalance, stress and anxiety, sleep problems, weight problems, irregular periods, painful periods, PCOS, endometriosis, PMS, unexplained infertility, IVF support, preconception care, pregnancy care, thyroid problems, cancer care, chemotherapy side effects, hot flushes, perimenopause and menopause. Liz is also experienced in working with vaginal pain and vaginismus.
Hormone balance is affected by both diet and stress. So the combination of acupuncture and nutrition offers a gentle way of balancing hormones, regulating periods and benefiting health and fertility. Several studies show reduction of menopausal hot flushes with acupuncture, and diet advice is always included to enhance the effect of acupuncture treatment.
"Liz is an amazing lady who made me feel relaxed, confident and much healthier. I can't recommend her as an acupuncturist highly enough. My memories of visiting her were of seeing a warm, professional and extremely knowledgeable friend who was totally on my side. The experience has stayed with me and I can highly recommend a visit to see her. I know I have spoken to her about weight, allergy and fertility issues and she has a wealth of information on all of these subjects."
"I went to Liz to see whether acupuncture could help me with the side affects of hormone therapy treatment for cancer, particularly the hot flushes and tiredness I was suffering from as a result of a chemically induced menopause. Liz provides much more than an acupuncture treatment. Each time I have visited her I have come away lighter, both emotionally and physically. Her holistic approach, and open, engaging style helps to clarify the issues that are impacting ones health and wellbeing. She is a great sounding board and support, in addition to her extensive acupuncture, nutrition and medical knowledge. This is definitely the best 'alternative' therapy I have ever invested in, I cannot recommend Liz's services highly enough. She has helped me through a very difficult period in my life and I have enjoyed a measurable improvement in my daily life - and you can't ask for more than that!" see more testimonials here
acupuncture for hormone balance and women's health - the research
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22729015 acupuncture may help weight loss by regulating hormones in overweight people
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23386059 acupuncture reduced stress hormone response in pre-treated animals
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23482444 acupuncture improved hormone balance and ovulation frequency in PCOS
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25545309 acupuncture lowered AMH (which is raised in PCOS) and reduced size of ovaries to more normal levels
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23522721 small study showing acupuncture as effective as NSAID's in dysmenorrhea
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21249697 review study showing improvements in period pain with acupuncture
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20728977 acupuncture may be effective pain treatment for endometriosis
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18794019 small study indicating acupuncture may be effective for endometriosis pain relief in young women
premenstrual syndrome (PMS or PMT)
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22905466 small study showing improvement of PMS symptoms with acupuncture
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21609380 review study showing acupuncture treatment was superior to control groups in reducing PMS symptoms
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25639289 small study showing reduction in pain and improved sexual function in women with vaginal pain
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21968279 small study showing acupuncture reduced hot flushes and stress hormone levels
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27023860 a course of acupuncture reduced hot flushes and improved quality of life, and results lasted at least 6 months after treatment ended
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20430288 small study showing reduced hot flushes with acupuncture
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19907348 marked clinical improvement of hot flushes
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21468626 acupuncture improved quality of life and hot flushes in breast cancer survivors
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20954961 acupuncture reduced hot flushes in women taking tamoxifen
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11822613 small study showing acupuncture reduced hot flushes